Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Being Purposeful about Thankfulness

So the month to be thankful has arrived.  I think it is a good and a bad thing.  People...and me...should be thankful ALL THE TIME and not just for one month.  Or, maybe I should say that people...and me...should be more purposeful in being thankful each and every day!

There is not one thing in my life that is really bad or even kind of bad.  A child who is having a rough, annoying day is not truly bad.  It is just annoying.  A burnt dinner or canceled plans is not bad.  A missed PR attempt or whatever it may be is not bad.  My life is amazing and not anywhere in the same universe as bad.  The Bible tells us to be thankful and to be thankful always numerous time.  These are two good ones!

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.  (Colossians 3:15)


Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.  (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)

However, in honor of thankful month, I plan to be very purposeful about recording what I am thankful for each and every day of November.  This is a good month to start a habit!  I did this last year on Facebook and then had to copy all my posts into the blog.  Ugh...not doing that tedious work again.  This year I will post every day in November with at least a list of 5 reasons to give thanks and a picture of something.  Who am I kidding?  That something will probably be Emma, Jonah, Samuel, Elena, or some combo of them!
So, my thankful list for November 1st is:

1.   Our hot water heater is working again.  I am praying I only take cold showers by choice from now on!

2.  I crushed my workout this morning.  I had 6x800's and my times were 3:32, 3:28, 3:31, 3:34, 3:29, 3:32.  Take that goal time of 3:40!

3.  Drew let me sleep in and run later.  He woke up Emma and Jonah for me and starting getting them ready for school.  So thankful he supports this crazy thing/obsession called running because I could not do it without him.

4.  Elena is napping today.  She fell asleep easily.  She did not fight taking a nap and she let me cuddle with her.  

5.  Dinner is in the crock pot and I don't have to do a thing except set the table and cut fruit!  I love that kind of dinner prep!

And for my daily picture:


I can never resist taking a picture of a sleeping child.  It is the perfect picture of peace and perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment