Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Friday, November 2, 2012

Report Card Day

Today was just an ordinary day in my life, but I did get to sleep in this morning.  That is rare and I LOVE Friday mornings!!

I took Jonah to the dentist, I read to Jonah's class, I went shopping by myself, and I ordered dinner from Pei Wei.  Elena is sick and I am fearing an ear infection.  I pray she sleeps tonight.  Emma's BFF Ashlynn is spending the night again.  She is my fifth child!  Drew worked a half day today.  It was nice to have him home this afternoon.

But, the highlight of the day was report cards!  Emma and Jonah got their report cards today.  Both earned straight A's.  Drew and I could not be more proud!


Today I am thankful for:

1.  Children who work hard in school and don't fight me to do their work. 

2.  Emma and Ashlynn have been friends since they were 3.  I could not be happier that Emma's BFF is from a wonderful Christian family.  They have lots of fun together and it is fun to watch them be 9 and 16 all at the same time!

3.  Sleeping in this morning. It happens one day a week and my body needed the rest today.

4. Mom Heart Online---it is a daily devotion site with amazing words of truth, encouragement, and comfort written by wonderful Christian women.  It is always a bright spot in my day.

5.  A wonderful sister-in-law who completely supports and understands my/our families commitments to our church.  Her email today made me cry and it was just what I needed!  Thanks Lara!

And today's picture is of Jonah waiting for his dental appointment.  He was totally engrossed in watching "Finding Nemo".  He had no idea I took the picture.  This is so typical Jonah that I could not help myself!


2 comments:

  1. Great job Emma and Jonah!! Keep up the good work. And, lots of prayers for a better feeling Elena :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great report cards! It must be nice to have such hard workers who are self-motivated. :)
    Glad to see your gratitude list. It would be good for me to do one of those again. I should check out your site on #4!
    Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete