Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Voting Day

I am so glad that today was election day.  I am also so glad I live in Texas during election season.  If I had to watch all those horrible campaign ads for months on end I might lose my mind or give up television.  I hope it never comes to giving up television!

Today Emma and Jonah had off school.  So, I took all four kiddos with me to vote.  I did not wait at all and it was quick and easy.  Drew had to wait for maybe 45 to an hour because he went at 7am.  Either way we both did our civic duty.  I have spent much of the rest of the day praying for the outcome I have been praying about for months!

We had a fun day.  After our hot water heater was fixed AGAIN we headed to Chick Fil A for a special lunch.  Emma and Jonah often complain that they miss out on the fun since they are at school.  I decided they could have a fun lunch and we had not eaten there in a long time.  Then it was off to the horrible Wal-Mart.  That store makes me crazy, but I needed Italian shredded cheese and ribbon.   You can only buy that combo at Wal-Mart.  We survived and home it was for playing and movie watching.  I thought they deserved a little movie treat since I made Emma and Jonah do homework for most of the morning! 

We had such a fun day together.  I am really ready for the Thanksgiving Break!

Today I am thankful for:

1.  It came back to Houston yesterday and it was a glorious day.  It was chilly enough for long sleeves for my run.  I wore a light sweat shirt most of the day.  We played outside this afternoon and it was not hot.  It was just lovely!

2.  I am so thankful to live in a country where I get to vote freely and without issue! 

3.  I am again glad to have hot water.  I am not a fan of cold showers and neither are the kids. 

4.  I love our local Christian radio station, KSBJ.  I could not tolerate all the political talk this afternoon so we listened to great music all afternoon and evening.

5.  I love cooking with my kiddos. Tonight Elena and Samuel helped me make the dough for our stromboli, which was awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment