Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Saturday, November 3, 2012

He kicked the ball more than once!

This is big.  Really it is huge.  This is Samuel's second season playing soccer and today he actually played.  He kicked the ball several times, he almost scored a goal, and he fell down going after a ball.  It is so fun to watch.  The best part was how happy he was after the game.  I think he really knew that he played today.  Maybe he liked it!
This is what Samuel usually does at his soccer game...nothing!
Today he got in the mix and played!
The rest of the day was not as exciting.  I ran, I cleaned, I played with the kids, I ran errands, I helped Emma with homework, and the list goes on and on.  I did get to watch College Football.  Oh, how I love Saturdays.  I love being with my family and doing whatever we want.  That was today!!!!

Today I am thankful for:
1.  My body giving me the strength to run.  I am so grateful that my body shows up most days and gives me what I ask of it.  Today was one of those days.  I wanted to stay in bed, but I got up and ran 12 miles...3 miles easy, 6 miles at GMP, 3 miles easy.  I did it.  Thank you body!  We are getting stronger!

2.  Our neighbors---we have amazing neighbors who love our children, take care of us when we need it, and bring us goodies as a surprise!  We are so lucky!

3.  College Football--I know this may seem strange, but I love it.  I love that there is a real passion for sport and perfection displayed on the field by young men.  They are not paid and they work hard for a sport and a college they love.  I have my teams I must watch every weekend, but really I just want to watch a great game or several each weekend.  To be 18 years old with such talent...oh what a gift!

4.  Donuts and no I did not eat one.  I had about half of one and regretted it for the next hour.  Yuck!  But, my children love them and they were treated to one after the soccer game.  They were so happy.  How fun that something so simple can result in such happiness for them!

5.  Rain---it rained this afternoon.  I love the smell of rain.  We all had to be inside and play.  It was fun and the outside needed the rain.

The picture of the day is:

The girls at soccer...Ashlynn, Elena, and Emma
Samuel
Jonah



No comments:

Post a Comment