I was scheduled to run 3 easy, 6 at 8:23 pace, and 3 easy. It was a great morning to run. It was 42 degrees when I set out at 6am. The sun was starting to rise. It was a lovely, peaceful morning. I had a good attitude about my speed work. I was excited to run that pace.
I ran the first 3 super easy...just shy of 30 minutes. I picked up the pace to what felt challenging, but at the same time easy. I looked at my watch and it read 8:15 pace. That made me happy! The miles were ticking by and feeling easy. I had to focus, but nothing like speed work. As I neared 6 miles, I decided to run 2 more miles at GMP and one mile cool down. This was not the plan, but I knew this was what I needed to do today. I could have kept up this pace for longer and that was super encouraging to me. I know the cool morning was a factor, but I also felt strong today!
My splits were those 8 miles were
My last mile was nice and easy for a total run time of 1:45!
My marathon is in 6 weeks and I am running a half in 3 weeks. I have 4 weeks left to prepare and then it is taper time!
Today I am thankful for:
1. Being able to teach Sunday School on a rotating basis. I love my preschoolers and enjoy my time with them.
2. Homemade apple pie---thank you Mom and Emma. It was amazing!!!
3. A wonderful piano concert at church tonight. Umi Garrett performed. She is a 12 year old piano prodigy. She was cute and a delight to watch. Her music was beautiful!
4. Volunteering to help with crafts at Christmas Choir Camp. I was able to help the kiddos make the Advent Daily Countdown Banners and visit with friends at the same time. The craft is super cute and I can't wait for Emma and Jonah to bring it home!
5. Watching the Texans with Emma. I hope she starts to love football as much as I do! I know she wanted them to win (they did) for the free slush, but she was still watching!