Choir was a no go. Drew went to the soccer game. I went to the meeting and gym meet. We texted back and forth about each boy was doing. Thank goodness for technology. I know this is just the beginning of things to come. I don't like it. I really like to be at each kid's event and support him/her.
It was Jonah's first meet of the season. It was actually a practice meet, but Bill had real judges come and he ran it just like a meet. It was a good experience for the boys. Jonah has to compete level 4 again this year because of his age, which I think is just fine. He can do the level 5 skills, but his body is just too little for all stress. It is nuts what those boys do!
Jonah did great. He is so improved from last year. He has such greater control of his body and is way stronger. I was very proud of him. Jonah lacks no confidence and thought he did well too! He is so funny! Two weeks is the first official meet and I know he will be awesome!
Today's thankful list:
1. Coach Bill---he is so experienced in the gymnastics world and his coaching philosophy is fantastic. What I like best is that the boys comes first. School comes first. Family comes first. Gymnastics is after all that, but then Bill wants total commitment. Jonah loves him!
2. The older boys on the gymnastics team---Teenage boys can be so annoying sometimes, but the boys on the team are so kind and supportive to the little ones. They cheer for them and always have a kind word of encouragement. It is a great environment!
3. Elena took a nap in the car today. She needed it really bad and was so much happier after her little rest. She was just so cute!
4. College football---Penn State finally won today and I was bummed the game was not on here. West Virgina is losing again, but at least on TV. Drew was so happy when they joined the Big 12!
5. Peppermint tea---it is so yummy anytime of day!
Today's picture is of dear Jonah preparing for his meet