Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Catching up...where did we go?

Well, way back on November 1st I declared that I would blog every day in November.  I kind of failed at that since I have not blogged for several days.  I have had plenty to say and share, but I was tired.  How is that for an excuse?  Thanksgiving, starting to decorate for Christmas, shopping, and taking care of my family while running my highest mileage week yet took its toll on me.  At night I was just too tired to care.  So, what have we been doing?

As for running, I ran 30 miles this past weekend.   On Saturday I ran a nice and easy 10 miler.  It was such a happy run for me.  I ran whatever pace I felt like running without putting forth much effort.  It was cool, the sun was shining, and it was quiet.  I just felt happy for 10 miles!

Sunday I ran a 20 miler and it went so much better than two weeks ago.  Honestly, it could not have been worse.  I finished 20.5 miles in 3:12.  I took it pretty easy again.  I only pushed the pace during the last 3.5 miles...8:56, 8:58, 9:01, and 8:45.  I also ran 5.5 miles on gravel paths which was hard.  Although I liked the scenery...running through a lovely park....I did not like the paths.  They were really windy and it was hard on my feet and ankles.  Oh, well.  It was a good run overall!

As for the family, Emma has been sick.  And, now I have her cold.   She is getting over her cough.  On Saturday that is all she did and it was really annoying.  Repetitive noises bother me lots and her cough was so constant.  She was well enough to return to school yesterday and the gym today.

Jonah, Samuel, and Elena had a fun weekend playing and helping put up decorations.  It was busy, but relaxing weekend at the same time.  Yesterday dear Elena pitched a huge fit when she realized I had left her with mom.  She cried at the door until she fell asleep on the floor...hilarious!

As for decorating, I finished our second tree today.  In the past I have had four trees in the house, but not this year.  Getting the lights on the trees to work has been a nightmare.  I give in and only decorated our family tree and the snowman tree.  I will share pictures later.  Most of the outside lights are up as well.  Drew has added some trees and it is taking longer than I thought it would, but it looks pretty!.  Pictures on that later too.

As for me having Emma's cold...yes I am blaming her as any good mother would do.  I had to cut my run short today.  I could only muster 3.5 miles instead of 5.  I am considering not even running my scheduled 6 tomorrow.  I need to get well.  There is too much on the line for me to risk my health on these short recovery runs.

Finally, even though I don't feel well my mom is still here so we did a little shopping today.  Elena, Samuel, Mom, and I went to Old Town Spring.  It has fun little shops.  Honestly it was a little disappointing.  Most of the shops were filled with frilly, fru fru kind of stuff.  I was hoping for more country classic items...maybe next year!  But, I did get some cute pictures!


Watching a train...so serious and cute!
Out cold from a morning of shopping and lunch at Panera
They rallied to make candy with Mammy...yum!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the high mileage week! And on the terrific 20 miler- that's a great pace to hold. :)

    Having sick kids is hard- being sick with sick kids is harder. Hope everyone is better and that you are all getting some rest!

    Love the pics! The kids are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete