Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Monday, November 5, 2012

Resting

Today was a rest day from running.  Last week was a recovery week.  I love how a recovery week during marathon training still has me running 41 miles and two speed work workouts.  Some recovery!  My week last week went like this:

Monday - cross train
Tuesday - 4 miles
Wednesday - 9 miles
Thursday - 6x800
Friday - rest
Saturday - 9 miles
Saturday - 12 miles (3 easy, 6 at GMP, 3 easy)

This week is a tougher week with more mileage, but the intensity is not harder.  That is only because speed work has been replaced with a 10K race.  It looks like this:

Monday - cross train
Tuesday - 5 miles
Wednesday - 10 miles
Thursday - 5 miles
Friday - rest
Saturday - 10K
Sunday - 20 miles

Although the fall back hour did not work with my kiddos sleeping in on Sunday, I am excited that some of my runs will be in the daylight.  I am ready for that.  I was happy with all my runs last week.  This week I am really focusing on taking it easy until Saturday.   It is going to be way too hot for my liking, but I am hoping to run lights out!  I really want a PR and plan to collapse as I cross the finish line if that is what it takes.  We shall see!

My thankful list for today is:

1.  I am so glad the election is tomorrow.  I am praying for a decisive outcome because I am so tired of this election.

2.  I am thankful for meatless Monday night dinners.  The kids know it is our thing and I think it is something they will always remember.  That alone is not a big deal, but remembering fun things about their growing up life is a big deal to me. Tonight we had homemade mac and cheese with mashed cauliflower in it.  They liked it and had no idea I was being sneaky!

3.  I am thankful that Jonah is becoming a more adventurous eater.  I am totally lucky because they will all eat just about anything.  Jonah is definitely the pickiest eater.  But, last week he ate onions and loved them.  Today he ate orange pepper and liked it.  He also tried tomatoes, but he still did not like them...baby steps!

4.  Target----one stop shopping.  I needed diapers, gallon size baggies, fabric softener, and a birthday card.  I know I can get all that at Kroger, but it is way more fun to go to Target.  It is 8 minutes from our house and just so much more calm than the crazy grocery store. 

5.  Being a stay at home mom --- I do not miss working for one second.  I really do love being at home with my kids.  I am so thankful I greet Emma and Jonah every day when they get off the bus.  I like having my little helper, Elena, with me during the day.  I like all the distraction of dressing her baby dolls, coloring, etc.   I like helping Samuel with all his "projects."  Don't get me wrong!  Some days I can't stand my kids and I am sure they can't stand me either, but I would not trade it for anything.  The good definitely outweighs the bad.

The picture of the day is:
All the students at Haude participated in a mock election today.  Emma was proud of her vote and was excited to give me her certificate.  I am thankful her school is teaching the importance of our civic duty to vote.  Jonah voted too, but typical Jonah, he was much more non-nonchalant about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment