Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick or Treat

Let me start by saying that our neighbors do not give out very good candy. This is strictly my opinion.  Emma, Jonah, Samuel, and Elena were thrilled with their haul.  I was disappointed with the serious lack of chocolate and specifically M&M's.  What is up with that?  I guess it is a good thing!

Anyway, we had lots of fun.  I had to part with Emma.  Is she seriously old enough to trick or treat without me?  She went with her friend Ashlynn and her family.  I was so glad when she got home and finally someone had good chocolate!


The rest of us trick or treated with our neighbors.  The happen to have an almost 3 year old girl.  Carmendy and Elena love each other.  Their middle boy is the same age as Samuel; however, they are not playmates.  Nikolas is a medical needs boy who we love!  They also have a boy, Connor, who is almost 7 and in 1st grade with Jonah.  Perfect!  We have lots of fun with them. 

Connor as a Pokemon, Jonah as Batman, Nikolas as Woody, Samuel the carpenter, and Elena and Carmendy the princesses
Elena and Carmendy are off....


There were two fire trucks driving through the neighborhood giving out candy.  The kids LOVED that.  The fireman would stop the truck, talk with the kids, and give out candy.  It was like a dream come true for them.





After we finished collecting more candy than anyone needs, we hung outside to give away candy.  I purposefully bought candy I don't like case we had leftovers.  The kids sat in the back of the truck and gave away candy.  I think they like that as much as receiving candy!  Samuel almost fell asleep handing out the candy.  He was so tired!





Now everyone is tucked safely in bed and I have four buckets of this sitting on the counter!

No comments:

Post a Comment