Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Little Lion Man

The Mumford and Sons wrote this song and it was released in 2009.  I just downloaded over the weekend and listened to the entire song for the first time during my 18 miler on Saturday.  I liked the tune, but had not really listened to the words.

I must admit the words are slightly strange.  It would be quite interesting to know what inspired such a song.  Whatever it was I am glad it was written. 

Weep for yourself, my man,
You'll never be what is in your heart
Weep little lion man,
You're not as brave as you were at the start
Rate yourself and rake yourself,
Take all the courage you have left
Waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head

But it was not your fault but mine

And it was your heart on the line
I really f***** it up this time
Didn't I, my dear?

Didn't I, my dear

Tremble for yourself, my man,
You know that you have seen this all before
Tremble little lion man,
You'll never settle any of your scores
Your grace is wasted in your face,
Your boldness stands alone among the rank
Now learn from your mother or else spend your days biting your own neck

But it was not your fault but mine

And it was your heart on the line
I really f***** it up this time
Didn't I, my dear?

I have no idea what it was about these lyrics.  I think it might have been because I felt chewed up and spit out after my 800's on Thursday.  My confidence was definitely not running high.  When I heard "take all the courage you have left" my brain said yes do that!  Then it said "waste it on fixing all the problems that you have made in your head" and I thought it is really in my head isn't?  Those two lines just picked me up at the right time.  It was a little wake up call to get over myself and just work and work some more.

I listened to it three times on repeat and gained courage each time. This will definitely be on my marathon playlist! If you have not heard this song, listen to it.  Just excuse the f-bomb which is repeated a few times!

1 comment:

  1. Funny - I just posted about my new playlist today! Will have to check this song out.

    ReplyDelete