Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Thursday, October 11, 2012

How much is enough

I wonder every single day if I have spent enough time with Emma, Jonah, Samuel, and Elena.  Did I spend enough time with them as a group and as individuals?  Did I meet their needs and have fun as well.  Or, did I spend too much time cleaning, cooking, preparing, messing around in the computer, texting, etc.

I have really been focusing on spending focused time with my kids.  It is hard with Emma and Jonah.  They are at school and then at the gym.  Time with them is very limited.  This challenge is making me rethink my dislike for bedtime.  That is the time I get with them.  I need to be better at laying with them when asked or reading one more chapter.   Ugh....a growth opportunity for me.

I think I do a pretty good job of spending time with Elena and Samuel.  I have lots of time during the day with them.  Today Samuel and I baked pumpkin bread and played a card game.  It was fun.  Elena and I play with blocks, dolls, and make up all the time.  But I wonder, if we go to the store too much.  Should I do more (any) crafts with them?  Should we read more?  How much time is too much playing alone time?  Does anyone know the answers to these questions?

They are just too cute to not know the answers if my time is enough? 

No comments:

Post a Comment