Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Touring Nashville

This morning Lara, Kristen, Emma and I toured Franklin, which is the town outside of Nashville where Lara and family live. It is a lovely small town with very quaint houses. The town is also rich with history. A major civil war battle was fought at Franklin. It was fun looking in unique shops. I bought a fun little plaque about running.

This afternoon my brother in law David took me, Drew, and Gail on a tour of Nashville. Since I am a fan of the show Nashville I wanted to see where all this country music singing happens. Also, we drive through Nashville every summer and I wanted to see more than just the skyline. Lara was kind enough to entertain all six kids while we played tourists.

Our first stop was downtown Nashville where the country scene happens. There are just tons of bars, restaurants, and shops. We walked around in awe of the craziness. We also saw the Ryman Auditorium, which was the original Grand Ole Opry. It is an old church that still has the stained glass windows.

After being downtown we drove past Vanderbilt and walked around the Parthenon. No, we did not jet off to Greece. This Parthenon is the only exact replica in the world of the original and it happens to be in Nashville.

We then drove back home to Franklin through the country side. We saw some huge and beautiful houses. I loved the rolling hills. It was just so pretty and filled with lovely sights...nothing like driving around Houston.

Tomorrow we begin our journey home....





















No comments:

Post a Comment