Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Friday, January 18, 2013

A Day Off

The kids did not have school today.  It was such a blessing for this tired momma.  I slept until 8am!!!  I love having older children who can fend for themselves when they wake.  It was just great!  We had a lovely relaxing morning before heading to Target and the park.  We played and walked around the park for 2 hours!  Drew met us at lunch time although I did not pack a lunch....oops!  That was not part of my relaxing morning plan so we just had Goldfish instead.  Of course, I took pictures, but I had to stop after Emma declared she was going to "die of flash photography!"  It was a pretty dramatic moment for Emma.






Today Elena braved the big slide.  She went down with Emma at first and then on her own.  She loved it and squealed with delight.  It was so much fun to watch.





And, any trip we take to the park must involve handstands, cartwheels, and other gymnastic skills.

After two hours Elena was tired and she fell asleep on 8 minute drive home.

 I do love the cold, but brisk 60 degree days in January are pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment