Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Oatmeal Pancakes

This is going to be a first for me....blogging about food.  It is strange that I never write about food because I LOVE it.  I could eat all day long as long as it is good food or cookies or ice cream.  I love to bake and I like to cook.  I pride myself of making fun, delicious meals for my family at least 5 or 6 nights a week.  But, my cooking is all about following a recipe.  I am not original in my cooking as with every other area of my life.  Give me a plan and I follow it.  Give me a recipe and I rarely deviate from it.  That is probably why I never write about food.  It is not original, but these pancakes are so worth blog space.

I found the recipe in Cooking Light last year, but did not make it until late this summer.  Who knows why I waited so long....so regrettable.  Anyway, you can find the recipe here:
Oatmeal Pancakes.

We had them last night for dinner and I quadrupled the recipe.  We eat a lot of pancakes and I wanted a lot of leftovers.  You see I love having the for dinner, but I really like having them for breakfast and lunch for many more days.
They batter is a little thin
They are so pretty!
I highly recommend eating them topped with Greek Yogurt and fruit.  Leftover they are so yummy slightly warmed and then topped with peanut butter and jelly!  It is making me hungry!

This is definitely our favorite pancake recipe.

As for the "You've been Rack'd" update, this morning Emma made her bed.  The note card was taped to her headboard because she actually made her bed before school.  What a sweet girl!

2 comments:

  1. I tried these today. Megan gave them a thumbs down, but she is not an oatmeal fan. Karen loved them! I added a bit if extra flour and a splash of vanilla. Have you ever tried "blending" the oatmeal to give it a finer texture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No but we all really like oatmeal. I do often add some cinnamon for extra flavor.

      Delete