Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Saturday, December 8, 2012

My Favorite Things party!!!!!!!!!!!

My sister Kelsey told me that she had been invited to a "My Favorite Things" party way back in September or October.  I immediately knew I wanted to host such a party.  So, way back when I sent out a really formal invite on Facebook with all the details.  Finally, last night was the night!  It was a blast and I hope to make this an annual event!

This was not an Oprah style party.  We had a limit of approximately $8 a gift.  Since there were 11 ladies total that is a lot of money.  Knowing about the party since October made budgeting and planning so much easier on the bank account.

I decided this would be a party for my dearest friends from church.  We all know each other well and this just provided another chance to learn something fun about one another.  I also opted to keep the party simple.  I made easy peasy appetizers.  My friend Kim brought one dessert.  I did not make any fancy drinks.  It was just simple, basic, and what I think we all needed.

I would also like to say that I think my house looked so pretty.   I love this time of year and all the decorations are part of my love affair with December.  My mom helped me decorate this year and she did a really good job.  I was so happy to share my pretty decorations and clean house with my friends.  My house is never totally clean because of the kiddos so it was a total treat for me!

Almost everyone could come which was awesome.  We visited, laughed, and laughed some more.  We ate and had some drinks.  Then it was time for the main event....the PRESENTS!  Everyone explained why the gift was their favorite thing.  I so wish I had recorded each reason because they were all so great.


Tami loves to craft and Pinterest is her thing so she made everyone a old fashioned looking candy dispenser.  So awesome!
All of Tami's gifts!
Kim loves to write notes so we each received two notepads, a pen, and some candy!

Carmalyn loves pretty things especially if it involves the word JOY.  She gave everyone a pretty knick knack thing with beautiful blue bird and the saying "Embrace Joy".  It is so much more awesome than I am explaining.

Kate adores William Somona's cranberry relish and she gave everyone a jar of that.  YUM!

Ann Marie likes to read the Momastery blog.  The one motto of the blog is "Love Wins" so Ann Marie had wrap bracelets with those words on it made for everyone....woo hoo!

Paula makes her own lotion!  She made everyone peppermint shea butter lotion.  It smells so good.

Michelle gave everyone a packaged soup mix from one of her favorite Nutcracker Market vendor.  I can't wait to make it.

Eileen also gave the gift of food....Fiber One brownie bars....so fun!

Jenn likes jewelry and she brought a cross bracelet for everyone.  Pretty!

Becah loves hair (her back story was hilarious!) so we all received hair spray that apparently works with all our Houston humidity!

I gave three little things...Burts Bees chap stick, a Christmas ornament, and homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. 

It was such a fun, happy night!  I am thankful for great friends, all the smiles, the laughter, the gifts, and the JOY!  Thanks girls!!

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful idea! Perhaps the best part is that so many friends were able to make their own gifts, and that the others were able to share something they truly love. How fun! I should start planning one for the spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty neat to have such a great group of ladies around to love support and challenge you

    ReplyDelete