Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Sunday, December 14, 2014

My Favorite Things party

Friday was the 3rd annual My Favorite Things party.  This is one of my most favorite things in the entire year.  I love the sharing of gifts, the surprises, and hanging out with my friends.  It is such a joy-filled time!

One of the best things is the little things we learn about one another through the giving of gifts.  And, each year the items are so very different.  This past year I shopped for mine throughout the year which was fun because this party was never far from my thoughts. 

Some of the gifts ready to be shared!
I created a fun custard bar because it is better than ice cream.  With a few other snacks our treats were set.  Add some wine and we were ready to visit and have fun!




The gifts were super fun this year.  Here is a story about what was given.  Can you guess what we got???

So, this morning I got up and took a shower.  I used my awesome new homemade body scrub.  After my shower I wrapped my head in this water absorbing towel thing....quite amazing really.  I used my new vanilla noel lotion because it smells really good.  Since I didn't have time to do my hair I decided to wear my new headband and put my hair into a ponytail. My nails needed a little refreshing so I gave myself a quick manicure before really starting my day.  A little EOS application and I was ready to go.  I had my homemade jam on toast for breakfast.  My kids love pickles so I put some of my new spicy pickles on their lunch sandwiches.  I dried our breakfast dishes using my monogrammed towel.  My schedule for the day was a little crazy so I used my balance roller and it was quite calming.  I also lit my cranberry candle because it added to the calming effect.  After a crazy day I decided I needed a little treat and had one of my marshmallows and chocolate candies.  Then it was time to prepare dinner.  I used the meat thermometer to ensure the roast was thoroughly cooked.  I used my other towel for the dinner dishes.  After all that I needed more lotion on my hands.  It was quite the day, but I managed to use all my new goodies!


These ladies fill such a special place in my life and in my heart.  I am thankful for each one of them and this time we share together each year!


No comments:

Post a Comment