Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Happy Birthday Elena!!!

Elena Joy is 5!  On Thursday I tried not to cry every time I thought I about her being 5 years old. She was so excited for her birthday.  She was excited about all the fun activities planned on her birthday....going to school on a special day, gymnastics class, and her ELCP Christmas show in the evening.  It was a busy birthday and she loved every minute of it!

Just born Elena
Sweet one year old Elena
2 year old Elena
3 year old Elena and one of my most favorite pics of her ever
4 year old Elena
Our sweet and sassy 5 year old Elena
Elena started her day with birthday ice cream.  Her flavor was Krazy Kookie Dough...looks like play dough.



She loved all the gifts she received from family.  I let her open them throughout the day and it kept her busy all day!  She wore her new gymnastics outfit to class.  She colored in her new coloring books and wore some of her new clothing to the Christmas show. 


The Christmas ELCP show includes the telling of the Christmas story by the pre-K class.  Elena was Mary and her friend Adam was Joseph.  It was a great little show. It is always fun to see what special things the kids will bring to the show.  Elena kissed baby Jesus and that just about melted my heart.





Elena is very silly, talks non-stop, and has a sassy attitude.  I hope these things never change.

Elena loves to color and do craft-art projects.  I hope this never changes.

She really enjoys music and dance.  I really hope she wants to foster this love as she gets older.

She loves going to school and is sad on the days she stays home.  Hopefully this continues for the next many years to come.

Elena loves her family and makes friends easily.  Obviously I hope she stays a people person.  She has a lot of love to share. 

Elena loves Jesus.  She talks about having God in her heart all the time.  I hope most of all that this never changes for Elena. 




Happy 5th Birthday Elena Joy!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment