Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter Crafting

Crafts are one of my least favorite things to do with my kid, but they love them.  Thankfully for me, Easter crafts are very easy and manageable.    Also, I had help from Grammy!

Our first craft was glitter eggs.  They used styrofoam eggs, glue, napkins, and glitter.  The eggs are covered in a half water/glue mix and covered with just the pretty part of the napkin.  After it dries the egg is again covered in glue and then glitter.  Putting glitter on the eggs was definitely their favorite part!  When the glitter was dried, Grammy put hooks in them and hung them on a branch.  It is very pretty!  Some help was needed, but overall it was a craft the kids could do fairly independently. 




The final outcome is so pretty.

Our second craft was coloring eggs.  On my Facebook feed this week I saw directions to color eggs using shaving cream and neon food coloring.  Since I have maybe three boxes of regular coloring, I opted not to buy the neon color.  I think I probably should have used it.   So, the eggs are not the prettiest eggs in the world, but I know the kids have never had this much fun coloring eggs.

This was super easy.  We spread shaving cream on a sheet cake pan, sprinkled on some food coloring, and swirled it with a toothpick.  The kids wore gloves and rolled their eggs in the mess.  Playing with colored shaving cream caused Samuel to declare "This is the best day ever!" 

Happy children making a big mess!


Covered and messy!

Not beautiful, but it was fun!



 I hope everyone is having a great Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment