Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Back on the Running Train

I have not written a thing about running since the marathon, which thankfully feels like light years ago.  However, I have been running.  My life would not feel complete without.  It just makes me happy.  Currently it is making me really happy. 

I love, love, love not having a training plan.  Now don't get me wrong.  I love plans and knowing what is excepted of me.  I like the comfort of having a plan, but now is not the time for a plan.  So I can love running again I just need to run whatever makes me happy at that moment in time.  I decide if and what I am going to run before I go to bed.  Sometimes I change my mind in the morning and I have no guilt about it.  It has been wonderful.  The only thing I have concentrated on while running is running faster.  During marathon training I focused so much on hitting the paces while saving something for the next workout.  I have none of that currently and I just want to improve my easy pace.  So, that is what I am doing. 

So far my runs have looked like this and it all makes me very happy!

Fri, March 8th---4 miles in 35min
Sat, March 9th---5 miles in 43:45
Mon, March 11th---6 miles in 53min
Wed, March 13th---6 miles in 53min
Thurs, March 14th---8 miles in 1:10
Sat, March 16th---5 miles in 44min
Sun, March 17th---10 miles in 1:27
Mon, March 18th---5.2 miles in 48min
Wed, March 20th---8 miles in 1:07

Only one time in almost two weeks have I averaged a pace over 9min/mile and I ran that pace on purpose.  I love that.  I have run a few miles in the high 7min/mile range.  That felt like work, but the 8 minute miles are feeling much easier and comfortable.  The freedom of running what makes me happy is perfect for right now.

I also had the awesome treat of running with Scott.  He is my favorite running partner.  We run very similar paces and have great chats while running.  The time passes so quickly. 

Our last run...5 speedy miles!
So, what else have we been doing since the Hayes' returned to Maryland. Mammy has been here since last Thursday.  Sunday night we went out to dinner and Elena went dressed as a princess.




Yesterday was Pony Rides at Samuel's school.  He looked precious!
Pappy came yesterday.  The kids were so excited for Pappy to get here.  He is here for a course, but today was all about playing.  We did a little shopping, ate lunch at Cafe Express, and the kids painted all afternoon with Pappy.  Pappy was so patient with Elena and Samuel while they created their masterpieces.  Pappy also painted a picture for Elena's newly painted bedroom.




Pappy's final product
Elena's masterpiece of pink
Samuel's masterpiece of color

No comments:

Post a Comment