Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A post of pictures

I realized today that I have taken a lot of pictures this week with the exception of Jonah.  Because he and Emma are at school, their faces are in way fewer pictures.  I dislike that very much, but they must go to school!

Two weeks ago Emma tripped at the gym and hurt her ankle.  It was swollen and painful.  There was no bruising so I was convinced it was just a sprain.  It did not seem to be improving and her coaches really wanted Emma's ankle to be examined.  So, we went on Sunday and guess what?  Emma has a sprained ankle that is taking a long time to heal!  Luckily there is still plenty of strength, core, and none running exercises at gymnastics. 




She is getting really bored of no tumbling, but she is excited about her new leo.




Yesterday I took Samuel and Elena to the park.  I wanted to stay for 30 minutes.  70 minutes later we were leaving with Samuel all covered in sand.  Ugh!  I love watching my kids play at the park.  They are always so happy.  Running down a hill or rolling down it made them even happier!
Tons of playground equipment and Samuel digs in the dirt with a stick








I know I have said it before, but Elena really likes to run.  This is her running outfit and she likes to pretend run on my treadmill.  I need to help her with her form!

There you go.  Not one single picture of Jonah....such a shame so maybe tomorrow.

I will also add that I had the best run on Monday.  I ran 8 miles with some fun in those miles.  I had a 1 mile w/u, 2.5 miles at 8:00 pace, 1 mile easy, 2.5 miles at 8:00 pace, and a 1 mile c/d.  It was a challenge to get back to 8:00 paces the second time, but I did it.  I like the change of pace and the challenge of this run.  I have been running more 8:00 miles and it is getting easier to dial into that pace.  That is exciting for me.   My next big run at that pace is on Saturday!  I can't wait!!

Today Mammy came.  The kids are excited!  Me too!

I hope everyone is having a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment