Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Monday, February 18, 2013

38 gifts---it's my Birthday!

Oh how I love birthdays....mine, my family, or my friends.  I just love celebrating other people on their very own day.  With so much of life about everything else whatever that may be, I love having one day where a person should feel free to do what makes them happy without any regrets.  That is what I do on my birthday and maybe a few surrounding days because I like to have a lingering celebration!

So, today is my birthday and guess what?  I am 38 and I don't care at all who knows.  Samuel thinks I am really old, which I think is funny.  My family spoiled me last night with fun presents and a lovely meal.  I am making my favorite meal for dinner tonight and plan to eat more ice cream.  A little fun note about my birthday is that I spent my 33rd birthday in labor with dear Samuel.  His birthday is tomorrow.  Cake two days in a row is too much for me and since I love ice cream, we celebrate me with big, obnoxious ice cream sundaes!  There is absolutely no guilt in how much I eat....I just enjoy it!

Instead of writing all about me, which is not my favorite subject unless it is my birthday, I decided to write 38 things I am so thankful for on this day.  In no particular order, here goes...

1.  Ice cream...it had to be first!

2.  My running....it is total love at the moment

3.  All the texts, phone calls, emails, and Facebook messages I have received today.  I feel very loved!
4.  The card Emma created with the help of Jonah, Samuel, and Elena.

5.  My birthday muffin from Kim from my favorite bakery!
6.  My Valentine star gazer lilies are open and smell so amazing.
7.  Emma because she is wonderful!
8.  Jonah because he is silly!
9.  Samuel because he is so serious!
10.  Elena because she thinks she is a princess!
11.  Drew because he loves me unconditionally.
12.  Dark, stormy skies on my birthday....I like those kind of skies...strange I know!
13.  An email from Saucony with a free shipping code.
14.  My new living room furniture.  I feel like such a grown up with a pretty new sofa.
15.  Seeing Elena's sweet face being so excited at the new color of her bedroom.
16.  Fresh blueberries in my oatmeal this morning.
17.  A trip to the grocery store with no arguing, fussing, and can I have's.  Pure joy on this day.
18.  A new case for for my phone.
19.  A rest day----yes no running on my birthday so I could sleep until 6:45.
20.  Homemade muffins from my friend Leslie and they were so good!
21.  A birthday card waiting for me on the counter this morning.
22.  EMBRACING all things about this year and knowing it has had a positive impact on my outlook for everything.
23.  Steak, sweet potato fries, mashed potatoes, and green beans for my birthday dinner.

24.  My parents because they helped guide me on the path to who I am and who I am becoming.
25.  Our church despite having a meeting tonight
26.  Arm sleeves for running and am so excited to use them!
27.  Feeling physically quite awesome after my 22 mile run yesterday.
28.  Having pretty painted fingernails.
29.  My birthday notes on our blackboard.

30.  My awesome friends that I can't wait to celebrate with on Saturday.
31.  The red bud tree I can see blooming out our family room window.
32.  Jonah's wrist being almost 100% healed.
33.  Watching Emma do a round-off double back handspring on the floor and a front handspring vault...she is getting braver!
34.  Celebrating Samuel at his birthday party on Saturday afternoon.
35.  Feeling like I learned so much about myself in the past year and being grateful for that.
36.  Knowing there is still so much more I can achieve and learn this year and being excited about that.
37.  Believing that I can be a better wife, mom, friend, and runner, but also knowing that I am a pretty good one on my 38th birthday!
38.  So grateful for all the love and joy in my life.  I don't take it for granted for one second!

Happy Birthday to Me!

I love their smiling faces!

1 comment:

  1. What a great list! Happy Birthday - glad you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete