Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Happy 4th Birthday Elena Joy

Four years ago I was still thinking that Drew and I were crazy for having a fourth baby.  But, then I heard Elena cry and held her. I was totally in love with my dark eyed dark haired little girl.   I was so happy we decided to have baby number 4 and have been for most moments ever since.  She was immediately adored by all of us almost to a fault.  She is the princess of our family. 


Elena is totally silly almost all the time.  She loves to be the center of attention.  She loves to plays with her dolls.  She loves to play princess and have tea parties.  She loves to color and be crafty.  She is a girly-girl through and through.  But, she can also hang tough with her brothers.  She is the perfect mix of sweet and sassy.


Elena has grown to like preschool.  It was not her favorite thing in September.  Now she loves it.  She likes to write and work on her numbers.  Sometimes I think she is going to be crazy smart, but at the same time a challenge to stay focused in school.  She can be a little flighty.


Elena loves Emma, Jonah, and Samuel.  She and Emma has a sweet big sister-little sister relationship.  Emma takes such good care of her.  Jonah and Elena have a feisty relationship.  It is like fire and water.  But, Samuel and Elena, they are so great together.  They have always had the most time together and play like best friends.  I love watching them play with one another.  I just know they will be friends forever and Samuel will fiercely protect Elena. 


Elena makes us all smile everyday. She tries to be a pleaser always.  She loves with all her heart. We could not have been given a better gift from God four years ago today!


Today we celebrated Elena with our traditional pint of ice cream for breakfast.


She ate three bites.  I think it will take her about a week to finish it.  She had a cake at school and played all afternoon with her friend Carmendy.

We also had a little party with Carmendy and her family.  Elena loved all the attention, her yummy cupcakes, pizza dinner, and gifts.









We had a wonderful day celebrating our sweet Elena Joy!!


Elena had a great day too.  She told me it was so fun that she did not want her birthday to end!


No comments:

Post a Comment