Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Our last days of summer

It is officially over.  Summer that is.  Tomorrow we begin the grueling, fun, exciting, and long journey that will be the 2013-2014 school year.  We are as ready as we can be.  The lunches are packed.  The backpacks are ready to go.  The outfits are picked and the smiles are ready for the morning.  But, we we arrived at tonight, there were two very fun days left to celebrate summer.  And celebrate some we did!

On Friday, after meet the teacher, we went to lunch.  The kids always want to go to Panera so I granted their wish.  Yum!

Then we went to the pool.  Another wish granted by me.  I wish it was always this easy!





Finally, it was movie and popcorn time.  A wonderful day.


Yesterday, the kids chose to go back to the lazy river/pool/big slide place otherwise know as Rob Fleming pool.  Drew came this time because it was Saturday and we had a blast.  After over four hours of playing in the water it was time to go.  Elena was exhausted and ready to nap while floating in the lazy river.  We all had our fill of the sun.  But, just like last time, we had to make the kids leave.  They just love playing there.  I am so glad we spent our last Saturday of summer vacation doing something the kids really loved!


Elena was scared to death of this little slide in June.  Yesterday was another story.  She loved it!



Samuel was not big enough to ride the water slide in June.  Apparently has he grown up some this summer because with very good posture he was 48 inches!  I think his summer was made even greater each time he went down the slide.


They were so excited to get an Icee treat!


We have had a great summer!  I have enjoyed almost every moment I spent with these crazy kiddos.  But, don't get me wrong.  I am also ready to send them back to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment