Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Happy 10th Birthday Emma!!!

Our dear Emma turned 10 today.  Every year I think "I can't believe how old Emma is getting" and this year is no different.  I remember her birth like it happened this morning.  And, now ten years later I stare a beautiful young girl instead of a baby.  We can have conversations about silly and serious things.  I watch her set goals and achieve them.  I am so proud that Emma is kind and helpful.  The list could go on and on.  I am so thankful that Emma made me a mommy and Drew a daddy.  Emma is a blessing everyday!  Our lives are forever better because of our Emma!






Emma's day began as every birthday does in our house....with a pint of ice cream of her choice.  It is hers to eat whenever she wants no questions asked until it is gone! She picked chocolate chunk raspberry.

To celebrate, Emma wanted to have lunch with her friends at The American Girl store.  She melted my heart after deciding that Elena should tag along as well!

So, Emma and three friends had lunch at the AG store this afternoon.  We had a lovely lunch with her friends and everyone's dolls.





The girls' dolls had their hair styled.

Emma, after saving her money for the past several months, purchased Saige who the doll of the year.
Emma, Ashlynn, Camille, and Emma


And, Elena got her first AG doll as well....a Bitty Baby that she named Miranda.


This evening we had Emma's birthday dinner.  Are you ready for this?  Emma asked to have shrimp, sauteed mushrooms, and deviled eggs.  I made coconut lime shrimp.  For dessert we had homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookie ice cream cake.  It was delicious!


It is going to be a big year for Emma.  She will be in 5th grade.  She is working hard to move up levels at the gym and to master some challenging skills.  I know there will be other great things happening this year.  I also know that Emma will be challenged, hurt, strengthened, loved, and full of life all year!  I know that she is ready for her first double digit year!!!

We love you Emma....Happy 10th Birthday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment