Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Monday, June 30, 2014

Things I didn't blog about in June

We did lots of things in June....Rice baseball, Astros game, Emma's birthday, our anniversary, and other things here and there.  Still, I failed to document all our fun activities mostly because I get too lazy at night.  I just want to sit and do nothing including sit in front of a computer.  So, here are all the other things we did worth remembering in June.

First, Elena and her friend Carmendy spent a morning at a splash pad.  It was one of the last days before school ended and it was so much fun.





The boys played lots of baseball.  Samuel was fascinated with the College World Series.  He watched parts of most games.  For a 6 year old, his attention span doesn't last to watch an entire game on tv, but he definitely knew what was happening. I was amazed at how quickly he learned various players names from the different teams.  It has been really fun to watch his love of baseball grow over the past few months.  I spent part of one morning playing ball with the boys at a park.  Other than that Samuel likes to have Drew play with him several times a week in our yard.



There was a Frozen movie party at church.  Elena and Samuel enjoyed watching the movie on a big screen again.  The added bonus of pizza and ice cream sundaes did not hurt either!



Elena, Lilah, and Rihannon..some of Elena's church friends!
Samuel and Emma went to VBS with Ashlynn at her church.  They had a great week!


I have been running 5 days a week and most of it has been slightly miserable.  I really don't like summer running at all.  It is just way to humid for my liking.  In fact, I dislike humidity so much I have run some in the evenings picking 90+ degrees over humidity.  It is more tolerable.  This picture Emma took after an especially humid 10 mile run.  I was totally soaked like I had just been swimming.  GROSS, but that is summer running for me.


Elena asked me to run with her the other weekend and who am I to tell her no.  She surprised me by running almost a half mile non-stop.  That includes talking because she never stopped talking the entire time.  It was just too cute.  Of course I had to have pictures of my future runner!



I made my three favorite boys pose for pictures with me.  They are all just too much!




I celebrated my friend Ann Marie's birthday with some of my favorite people....Carmalyn, Ann Marie, and Kim!  It was definitely a calming highlight in a crazy busy week for me.

I did not get the color memo for our breakfast!
Jonah led the Invitation to Worship on 2nd Family Sunday.  He did a fantastic job and we were so proud of him!


Finally, we went to the pool lots and lots.  There isn't much else worth doing in the summer after 9am unless it involves water in my opinion.  So, most days we spend some time at the pool.  Thankfully, I have four little fish who like to swim.  And, it helps that we almost always find some of their school friends at the pool.  





No comments:

Post a Comment