Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

20 years

On September 18, 1993 I went to a party with my field hockey teammates in East.  I was an 18 year old  freshman and had been at Juniata for three weeks.  I knew we would have lots of fun that night, but little did I know I would meet Drew. 


Drew was a 20 year old junior.  He was at this party because his roommates' girlfriends' roommate played hockey....follow that?!  Well, thank goodness he was.  Chances are I would have met him eventually because Juniata is not a big school and I played hockey with his cousin.  But, we met that night and despite not caring much for what he was wearing (his roommates rap like clothing) and what he talked about (geology way too much and he still does!), I liked him.  Twenty years later and many adventures locked forever in our memories, we are so thankful for that field hockey party!


Monday night I asked Drew if he knew what Wednesday was.  Much to my surprise and total happiness he said immediately 09-18...love that!

Taken this morning...our normal is me sweaty from running and Drew ready for work.
Our lives are so different from the exciting carefree college days.  They are different for the better.  We are better, stronger, more whole people than we were then.  We are more real with other.  Our love is solid.

My homemade card
We have now both known each other for half our lives....me a little more.  We have been married for 16 years and as special as that day is to me I love today.  Today changed our lives forever.  Today was the beginning of my...our...happily ever after. 

I think this is my favorite picture of us ever!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww!! Love this post! Happy 20 years together. I can't wait to get to the point where I've been with my husband over half of my life. :-)

    ReplyDelete