Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas

Months and months of thought and preparation are over. It's like a wedding that we get to relive each year, but I wouldn't want it any other way. I simply love Christmas and I love experiencing Christmas with my family.  Each year I really believe the kids get the true meaning of Christmas more and more. Then they of course still love the gift giving and receiving part of Christmas. Who doesn't????

Just like yesterday we had to wake kiddos. Elena was bursting to open presents so at 7:45 I told her and Samuel to wake Emma and Jonah. Elena had patiently waited 45 minutes for the opening to begin. 

Santa was good to the kids and everyone was pretty happy with his-her gift. It took Samuel a moment to appreciate a JJ Watt jersey, but he does!



We had lots of presents to open from our family. I keep all those presents under the kids tree. It is fun having two trees full of presents!

New woven place mats and table runners

New signs...Emma got hers this summer

Just might have been his favorite gift

Jonah felt the need to wear this jacket for way too long. 

Everyone got the "big gift" they were wanting. Samuel got a Kindle. Jonah got Beats. Elena got an American Girl doll and Emma got a hair straightener. They also got some fun little things that I am pretty sure they liked just as much. 

She loves these socks!



They are ready for Eagle Camp!

Buccee shirts for everyone

We got engaged!  Just kidding. I don't wear my ring when running and have been asking for a Qalo ring. Well he got me a set of three so I could match the ring to my running attire. That is just awesome!

Emma LOVES elephants and wanted and Ivory Ella shirt very much. 

Santa brought her a house to color and use with her American Girl doll. 

He likes the headphones!

Our neighbor is the starting corner for OU and Samuel is a huge Jordan-OU fan. He is ready for New Year's Eve!

As for the experience gifts....I get to go to another Texans game and sit in awesome seats. As of right now the weather will be perfect football weather and I cannot wait to tailgate!!!


Jonah and Samuel will be attending Monster Jam again. We are really hoping Jonah does not get sick on the way this time. Despite being a repeat gift the boys could care less. They are super excited for 1/23!!


Emma and I are going to the Carrie Underwood concert in April!  Elena and I are going to Mary Poppins the musical in March. I can't wait for both and both girls were super happy. 


Our big family experience this year is a ski trip to Beaver Creek. Jonah has a meet in CO so we decided this would be the perfect time to go. We are staying at an amazing house that is ski in-out.  Drew's mom is coming to ski with him and the kids. I get to relax for four days. We are all very excited. This will be Elena's first ski experience, Samuel's second, and third or fourth for the other two.  Three weeks and we will be in snow!!!

Drew wasn't left out of all the fun. He is getting a new grill and is very happy about that. Ours is done and now tomorrow Drew gets to go shopping. Drew's experience gift will be skiing. He is a huge skier and living in Houston is a bummer for that. So four days in the mountains and then extra days in CO...Drew will be really happy!

The kids probably got way too many things. They are spoiled and I know it. However, they are just as excited to give gifts too. They know they are lucky kiddos.  They also know today was about Jesus and his birthday. We have what we have because of Him. 




Then because it is in the 80's we went to the park. The kids played and it was a fun way to spend the afternoon. Ranger even enjoyed it. 

He absolutely loves his new yo-yo. 



Our Christmas is going to end with dinner and family movie night. What a day filled with so many blessings, smiles, laughter, and fun!

We wish all our friends and family a very Merry Christmas!  We hope our paths cross in 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment