Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

North Carolina 2015: the 4th of July

The 4th was on a Saturday and as with every other day it was beautiful.  My day started with getting Samuel's antibiotics for his cut foot.  Not a fun task on a holiday, but it had to be done.  I missed the parade in Oriental, but I hear it was fun!  I followed the end of it into town.  I was able to enjoy the festival with everyone and that was enjoyable. 

There were vendors selling all kinds of stuff.  Of course the kids wanted to buy everything...sorry but the only sucker was Emma.  Elena and Leah managed to convince her to buy them each a dress!  What we did buy was food and root beer floats.  It was crazy hot and each kid needed something to keep them cool.  It was crowded, crazy, full of good country music, and a fun morning.






We spent the afternoon tubing and swimming and eating and drinking.  There was also a little baseball in there too.  It was impossible for Samuel to swim because of his cut so he floated and played ball. Then we went to fireworks.  I don't think my kids have ever seen fireworks in person....can't quite remember.  They loved it!




trying to keep his foot dry, but still have fun

Samuel practiced being a pitcher for the longest time.  He can't wait until he is old enough to play kid pitch.


We did talk to the kids about what the 4th of July is and why it is celebrated.  I also used the holiday to dress us all in fun festive holiday shirts!  Loved being with my family for the 4th!


This one is my favorite

No comments:

Post a Comment