Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Monday, August 22, 2016

Back to School 2016-2017

Today is the first day of school....YAY!!!!  I find it ironic how I am always so very excited for the last day of school and I am as equally excited for the first day of school. Thankfully the same is true for my sweet kiddos.  Everyone was ready to go this morning with smiles on their happy faces!

Jonah is in 5th grade and it is his last first day of elementary school!
I promise he was ready to go despite the silly smile on his face!
Samuel is in 3rd grade!

Elena is in 1st grade!

Elementary school begins at 8:15 I think (I should probably know this!!) so they leave before Emma wakes up most days.

They won't look this fancy again until picture day so I had to take too many pictures this morning!

Emma is in 8th grade so today was her first last day at Strack.  Oh my goodness!  This will also be the last day Emma dresses in something besides leggings and a t-shirt.  She looked so pretty and stylish this morning!

Super fancy hair!

Yesterday our sermon at church began with the statement "what are your dreams for your child this year?"  We were encouraged to pray big things for our kiddos and ourselves...be brave and bold with the requests.  I don't know how bold my requests are but this is my prayer for my kiddos this year.  I want them to be happy at school.  I want them to show kindness and love through words and actions every single day.  I want them to challenge themselves in the classroom by attempting the hard and maybe scary stuff.  I want others to know God's greatness because of how my kiddos carry themselves.  On top of all that I pray for good grades because who doesn't want that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment