Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Monday, August 29, 2016

48 hours in PA

We normally spend more time in PA with my parents and my sister and her family.  For various reasons that wasn't possible this summer so we had to jam lots of fun into a few short days.  There are certain things I like to do or visit every summer so I can get my PA fix. Thankfully we managed just about everything.

Kelsey and her crew came up for one day which was fun.  We all met at Roots, a wonderful country market and auction.  Oh my goodness the food and food and food.  I was in heaven and probably gained weight just looking at everything.    Lancaster County food is something special!  After our "stuff your faces" visit we went to my aunt and uncles for some pool and creek time.  This is a must every summer and we had so much fun.  Everyone, even Owen, enjoyed the pool this year.  The creek was also a big hit.  With lots of adventurous cousins exploring the creek had to happen!




Why is this the only picture we took of the three of us this summer?


Leah is that little.  She isn't standing in a hole



Tuesday was National Night Out which is something we never attend at home.  NNO at home has been in October and we are busy with sports.  So, this was a fun experience for all of us.  The kids did like everything and they especially liked holding/touching a rat snake.  That was gross so there will be no pictures of that.








Going along with my theme for the summer which included playing outside in the woods as much as possible (obviously not when we were home) we hiked Grubb Lake.  We did this two years so it was nice to visit there again.  It was a lot of fun to watch Owen keep up with his cousins!




recreating a picture we took two summers ago





Wednesday afternoon we took the kids swimming at the Manheim Pool.  I swam there as a child and it hasn't changed one single bit in way too many years.  The pool has a high dive which the kids thought was great.  They have no fear!  The pool is also right next too my favorite covered bridge so we again played there.







So much visited and so many memories made in just a short time.  I love sharing Lancaster County with my kiddos and being with family is just a bonus!
Our final stop....Twin Kiss because it's just that yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment