Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

The best of the rest of May

Besides all the "big" stuff that happened in May lots of little daily things happened as well.  I absolutely had to take pictures just to annoy my kiddos.

Samuel had the biggest and busiest month of anyone.  He played on two different baseball teams and a flag football team.  He had a second piano recital and a little musical at school.  It's a good thing he likes to be active!



playing his duet with his teacher
Samuel with Mrs. Harriet


Elena and all the kindergartners performed at school.  They are all so cute!  Elena is a cute flower! She continued to love swim team and looks so cute in her googles!



Ranger and I started running together.  At first it was just a little over a mile, but he is getting more acclimated to the heat and humidity.  We finished a 4 mile run in 39 minutes on Memorial Day.  Cats can be an issue and require lots of extra leash holding by me, but I am really happy with how well he is doing!  Ranger also picks up Emma from school every day with me.  He loves the car!



Drew and I had a fun afternoon on a Saturday to ourselves.  The kids all participated in the "Kids Run the Ballpark" at Rice.  They did some announcing, field crew work, sold items in the store, and did lots of touring.  They had a great time.  We had a great time at lunch and watching 5 innings of baseball with no kids!

Mia's downtown is yummy!
Yes these cute faces sold me some Rice gear!
Haude had career day.  Samuel was an Army Ranger.  Elena was a vet.  Jonah was an "I'm not sure".


Finally, I started my little job at church.  I have loved volunteering at Golden Gathering in various ways for years.  I started attending the monthly gatherings in September when Elena started school full time.  I have loved every minute.  Our sweet guests have a special place in my heart and it is something I look forward to every month.  When my friend retired I had the opportunity to be the Golden Gathering leader.  I have big shoes to fill, but I am super excited about the opportunity.  My first on my own meeting was this month and I made these baseball cookies for dessert.


So, May was filled with lots of craziness and activities.  We made great memories.  June brings the end of school and the start of our summer travels.  I am ready for summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment