Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Monday, April 27, 2015

Disney on Ice Frozen style

A week ago Elena and I went to see Disney's Frozen on Ice.  This was her Christmas experience gift.  She was super excited for the past month because she would see a billboard for it on the way to school/church.  This, for me, was the experience I was least excited to attend.

Elena decided to dress in her Elsa costume from Halloween.   She makes a really cute Elsa!

To be perfectly honest, I don't ever see myself paying for another Disney on Ice show and I mean ever.  It was cute and the costumes were fun.  It was entertaining to a point.  But, it was not worth the cost.  Everything was way overpriced in my opinion.  And, the people in attendance were the rudest people I have ever encountered at a show/event/concert/game/whatever.  Thirty minutes after the show began people were still streaming into their seats and hanging out in the aisles.  RUDE people....just rude!  It was unbelievable to me and Elena burst into tears twice because she could not see.  That just made me so sad because it was supposed to be all about happiness for Elena!

Thankfully Elena recovered from her frustrations and enjoyed the show.  I just decided she could stand like everyone else when need be.  She sang along to the songs and liked all the costumes. 


When we were leaving Elena said she had the best day ever.   Little ones have the best short term memory!  She also told me she hoped Drew and I would give tickets for an outing next Christmas.  That statement dulled the annoyance I was feeling because Elena got the point of the tickets.   It was to have an experience/to make a memory that would last longer than a toy.  I think she just may get her wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment