Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Friday, January 2, 2015

Welcome 2015

2015 is here and for the first time ever Drew and I went on a date to celebrate New Year's Eve.  We have been together for 21 years and for this to be the first time on a NYE is a little sad.   I gave Drew tickets to the Josh Abbott Band for Christmas and we decided to go to dinner before the concert. 

Since I felt like this was a big deal I wanted to have a fancy outfit to wear.  But, I am still me so it had to be a simple fancy outfit...hilarious right?  After much searching, I found this top and was so in like with it!

I think we looked extra fancy
Dinner was fun and we met up with some friends before the concert.  To have time together just the two of us twice in one week is such a treat.  The last time that happened we had to travel to Australia.

I love the Josh Abbott Band.  I heard them for the first time in November and adored their music immediately.  I knew when Radioactive by Imagine Dragons was played to introduce them it would be good and I was right.  The opening act was good....William Clark Green band.  I would go to hear them again.  JAB played all my favorites except one.  They also played some unrecorded stuff and it will be a good next album.  Ringing in the new year with my love on a date was a good way to start the year. 
The man himself

At midnight I told Drew we should take our first selfie of 2015.  It was too dark so Drew tried to take it backwards.  I think he was just messing with me because this is what resulted....
Don't we have pretty eyes?
I did a much better job at our first 2015 selfie after the concert.  Happy New Year to us!

New's Years Day was also the best because we did nothing but watch football.  Not all the right teams won, but Penn State did on 12/27 and that is all that really matters.  I went on my first run of the year (2015 miles here I come).  The kids played games with Meemaw.  Samuel played some of his own football games.  Then we took our first family picture of 2015!




I think 2015 is going to be an exciting year for us.  There are some big adventures planned this year and I know we will find other fun things to keep us busy.  This year I am going striving for PURPOSE in all I do.  Am I doing things, spending time with people, making plans, working towards something with a purpose.  I want it all to matter...to count....to be a positive thing for me and my family.  I don't have time for fillers and things that don't fill me up.  I want to eliminate them from my life and our family life.  So, I am going to be PURPOSEFUL about what we and what I do in 2015.  Bring it on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment