Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

My 20 Loves

This is definitely not my idea for a post.  I am totally stealing it from who else but Susan!  I read it on her blog earlier today and thought it was such a cute idea.  So, this is all about 20 things that I love/like a lot.  In no particular order here goes....

1.  My family...duh!


2.  My church....it is a wonderful place to worship, be involved, and give back.

3.  Our church friends....all our close friends with very few exceptions we have met at church.  They are our family here and our lives would not be the same without them.

4.  College football...because it is simply awesome and PSU is the best.  I am honestly sad every year when the college season ends.  It is a really long time from January to September.


5.  Snuggling on my couch watching television with Drew.  It is the only us time we have all day and I look forward to it.


6.  Sweatshirts...man I wish we lived somewhere colder so I could wear them more often.  I have a small obsession with them and would definitely own more if we did not live in Texas.

7.  Ice cream...I just love it.  Soft serve is my favorite.

8.  Sharing my love of football with my kiddos.  It makes me happy to watch them developing a like for the sport.  It is something we watch together a lot for many months.  It is especially fun to watch Samuel replay the plays.

9.  Running...it is my time and it makes me really happy.  Even hard runs or runs that are plain awful still make me happy.  I only regret the runs I skipped.


10.  Taking my kids to a park....they love them.  I enjoy watching them play on the equipment and make up crazy games.  One of the nice things about living in Texas is that we have park weather pretty much all year.


11.  My sisters...what more can I say.  Kelsey and Kristin are awesome and I wish all the time we lived nearer to each other.


12.  Hot chocolate or hot tea...I love holding a hot mug in my hands. 

13.  Painted fingernails...I always want my nails painted and it is relaxing for me to do it myself.  My mom things my obsession with dark colors is a little nuts, but they suit me.

14.  My girlfriends....love them to death.


15.  Listening to my kids learn to play instruments.  Thankfully we don't have any drum or violin players so all the noise is very pleasant.  Elena still doesn't play anything, but she sings all the time.

16.  Cooking dinner for my family....it is tedious thinking of what to cook each week, but the cooking part is fun.  I am so thankful that I don't really have any picky eaters and I can make anything. 

17.  Being the one who picks Elena up from school and the one who greets the others when they get off the bus.  I am so thankful I don't have to work and am able to be the first one to ask about their days, get them a snack, and give them a hug.

18.  Wearing hats...I am super lazy when it comes to my hair.  Hats are a life savers on more days than are probably acceptable.

19.  Being a mom...it is blessing being a mom to Emma, Jonah, Samuel and Elena.  They give me so much joy!


20.  Drew....he is it for me.  Drew always loves me, gives so freely to me, supports me, and loves our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment