Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Thursday, January 8, 2015

I had to share this

It is January and there is absolutely nothing exciting happening here at our house.   Well, there is one thing.  Jonah and Drew leave tomorrow before the sun rises to fly to California for the weekend.  Jonah and his teammates have a meet in Bakersfield, CA on Saturday and Sunday.  Isn't that fun?

But, that isn't what I wanted to share.  This is....keep reading.  I don't really like bananas, but I eat them because they are good fuel for me for running.  If a banana thinks about having a brown spot I can't eat it....gross.  Since bananas aren't really my thing neither is banana bread. I don't eat bananas quickly enough to prevent brown spots so we have lots of smoothies or I make banana bread for everyone else.  Well, today I made a new recipe and I had to share it.  It is the best tasting banana bread EVER....I promise!

I found a recipe for Bourbon Chocolate Chip Banana Bread on this blog and wanted to try it because of the bourbon.  That is another thing I don't like.  However, Drew likes bananas and bourbon so I figured he would really enjoy it.  I was right.  He did and actually so did I.  I only changed one thing which was to use 2.5 bananas because that is what I had.  Maybe the less obvious banana taste is why I like it!  So, if banana bread is your thing, make this recipe!!!
Yummy right!
And, because it wouldn't be me if I didn't share some pictures of our recent whatevers...enjoy!
I ran my first double digit run since September last weekend and it was such a good feeling!  Still overcoming my injury fear, but I am working on it!

We went to the park yesterday because it was sunny and warm unlike today!



Samuel couldn't take advantage of the warm weather because he came home from school sick.

Elena had her first superstars gymnastics class last night in the "big" gym.  She still had to wear her cowgirls boots!

Today we had a tea party with Meemaw.  Samuel is obviously feeling a little better.
There you have it.  Now go make some amazing banana bread!  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment