Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Snow and Samuel

I wanted to post several times last week, but I had issues with our computer recognizing my phone.  I tried all the fixes I know of with no success.  When I asked Drew to figure it out for me, he of course sat in the chair and I swear it was fixed.  I do not understand how that happens.  Good news is that I can download pictures again!

Three very cool things happened during the past week or so.  First, we had snow again.  Seriously, this is the craziest and coldest Houston winter.  I love it!  When I came down in the morning Elena told me it had snowed.  I told her she was crazy and then I looked at the window....she was right!  Emma immediately asked if school was cancelled...so very sad that she thinks a dusting of snow should result in no school.




The second cool thing was Samuel being the "Star of the Week" at school.  Each day there was a special thing for Samuel.  He had to make a poster, which Emma did with him.


Drew and I had to write a letter to him that his teacher read to the class.  I loved writing it, but Samuel said it embarrassed him.  I was not surprised by this.  His class also made him a poster with things written on it that they like about him.  My favorite was his freckles.  I do love his freckles!


And, finally because there can never be enough pictures of Samuel....last week was the 100th day of school.  All the kindergartners dressed like they were 100 years old.  I think we did a pretty good job of making Samuel look old.  I especially like Drew's old glasses.  It makes him look even more like a mini version of Drew.



No comments:

Post a Comment