Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Monday, October 6, 2014

A fall-filled weekend with a lot of Jack

I absolutely love fall.  Unfortunately for me, we don't get to experience much fall in Texas.  It has been years since we were able to be home...meaning PA or MD or VA...during the fall. Well, lucky for me, the girls and I took a weekend trip to visit my sister Kelsey and her family.  The weather was amazing and we could experience fall in all its glory.

On the plane really early Friday morning
The purpose of our trip was to meet our new nephew/cousin Jack Mitchell Hayes.  I am not allowed to post pictures of him on Facebook so that means none on the blog either.  What I can tell you about Jack is that I am so in love with that baby boy.  I held him as much as everyone else would share him.  I am pretty sure I gave him more kisses than he will get in a while and I told him all about football.  He and I watched the TCU-OU game on Saturday afternoon.  He is so even tempered, pleasant, quiet, and just oh so cute.  If you want to see pictures of this tiny little boy...so, so tiny...you will have to look me up on Instagram at kortnilm. Really...you should take the time to look because he is just too much!

Besides loving on Jack, Kelsey and Scott took me and the girls everywhere.  On Saturday we went to a fall festival and a pumpkin farm.  The weather was too perfect.  Being able to wear long sleeves and jeans the first weekend of October was a treat. 

Always the best of friends no matter how far apart they live
Emma climbed up this rock wall in what seemed like 10 seconds.
There was some face painting which according to children is always worth the long wait in line.



Everyone enjoyed the pony rides.  I think this is the first time either girl was on a pony or horse and both liked it.  Hanna really liked it.  She rode on the pony 10 times.    


Leah and Elena did this obstacle course/slide thing about 15 times.  They loved it!

After this we were off to the pumpkin farm.  One the great things about a two week old baby is the portability.  Jack was so easy to take places.  He ate, slept, and slept some more. 



The broken foot momma and just had a baby two weeks ago momma were a little tired!

The excitement before heading into the corn maze




After all that excitement you would think the girls would be tired, but no.  They continued to play hard all afternoon and were in good spirits for a marshmallow roast.  It was cold enough that the fire felt nice.


I was working on the perfect marshmallow


Sunday was another beautiful day.  In fact, it was 37 degrees when we woke up.  The big girls made everyone breakfast and asked us to eat at their "restaurant".  It was a very sweet thing to do and a wonderful wake-up surprise.  We left in the morning for the Homestead Apple Farm.  It was cold enough that I wore a fleece and sweatshirt.  It was sunny, but windy and in the low 50's.  Perfect!



Kels and I were cold

I was definitely missing my boys because they would have loved all the activities.  But, it was nice to have girl time and get pictures with just Elena and Emma.

Emma's height difference from the other girls makes me laugh!
I just love this...sisterly love!

The girls picked almost two full buckets of apples!
We went on a hayride and the kids had caramel apples. They waited in line for a while to get them. 


I made them share
It was the perfect weekend.  Seeing Kelsey and her family every six weeks would be awesome.  Too bad it can't happen all the time.  Thank goodness it is happening again in six weeks when they come down for Thanksgiving!  I so wish we lived closer!


No comments:

Post a Comment