Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

RV and a football game

This past weekend we traveled in style to Fort Worth for the TCU-WVU football game.  By style, I mean a huge RV.  The kids were so excited when they saw it and to be perfectly honest so was I.  I thought Drew had rented a camper, but this was no camper.  We had more room than needed and it was perfect for our football getaway weekend!







Drew and I used to go to Penn State football games all the time.  Pretty much we never missed a home game for 5 years and even longer than that for me.  Obviously after we moved to Texas that changed.  We have not been to a PSU game in over 4 years and Elena has never been which is a total shame.  It will happen and I think soon!  Anyway, I love college football and game days are just so exciting to me.  Some of this love is being nurtured in my kiddos and I am so thankful.  So, to say that I was excited to finally tailgate at a football again was a huge understatement.  Despite being diehard PSU fans, we also love WVU, but not as much.  Drew went to grad school there and we also lived in WV for a while.  Now that they are in BIG 12 we can see them play every once in a while.

We drove up on Friday night and arrived late.  Saturday was a quick night's sleep away and we made the most of our day.  I decided to do my long run Saturday morning (15 miles) and it was the BEST run I have had in months and months.  If I could have bottled up my run I would have done it in a second.  I loved running around the TCU campus.  It was filled with energy because of the game.  Running through new and lovely neighborhoods was fun for me.  And, I loved running the hills.  I know it is crazy, but I miss hill running.  I took these pictures and would have taken more if my dumb phone had not frozen up on me.




Our friends Pam and Thomas and their two boys Lance and Greg came up for the game as well.  They arrived just before lunch.  We filled our time before the game doing all the fun tailgate kind of stuff...drinking beer, eating too much food, watching football on TV, and watching the kids play in the parking lot.  It was tons of fun.  The memories are just great from the past and the ones we made on Saturday.





We took a shuttle to the game which was a new experience, but super easy and convenient.  Our seats were crazy high up and it was pretty chilly.  I still don't know how Jonah survived the afternoon without freezing.  I also don't understand how the stadium was not full on such an amazing day.  The weather was picture perfect for football. 

Before the game started
Kick-off...always my favorite moment of the game

A post touchdown celebration

By the 4th quarter it seemed like WVU was finally going to win the game.  It was kind of cold and the kids were done.  So, we decided it was time to leave and that is when TCU decided to tie up the game.  Well, we weren't leaving then because the game was going into OT.  The kids were annoyed and someday they will understand.  By that time we were at field level and had the best view for OT.  Of course, WVU pulled it out....just barely, but a win is a win!
Missed OT because she was asleep
All ready for the game winning kick...
And the victory celebration...final score 30-27!

We spent the night again on Saturday and spent Sunday morning walking around the TCU campus.  It is really a nice campus.  We all enjoyed our time there.  Jonah was a little weirded out by all the purple...or a girl color as he would say.

We can't go anywhere without handstands being done!
The campus had great trees and the kids loved climbing in them.




My favorite people walking around the town

Despite being really tired when we arrived home on Sunday, I know everyone had the best weekend.  The kids were sad to say good-bye to the RV on Monday morning.  They keep asking to take another trip.  Being at a college football game again was awesome.  I did not realize how much I missed it until Saturday.  This will definitely become a priority for our family each fall.  I want my kids to have all these wonderful football tailgating memories like I do.  And, to make the weekend even better Emma managed to take my favorite picture ever of me and Drew.  Picture perfect all the way around!

No comments:

Post a Comment