Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Happy Easter

Happy Easter!  We had a wonderful, meaningful, and fun Easter weekend filled with great church and family activities.  Our weekend actually began on Thursday with the Maundy Thursday service.  This is my favorite service of the year because it involves children, youth, and adults.  It includes traditional and contemporary music.  And, I get to sit with my entire family instead of us all being at different places in church. 

Saturday our friends came with us to the Eggstravaganza at church. The kids had lots of fun enjoying the secular silliness of Easter.  I think the favorite thing for them was the Easter egg hunt because Easter definitely includes candy.  Drew and I also gave the kids their baskets on Saturday.  Sunday is so crazy that there is no enjoyment in giving the baskets and the kids can't enjoy them. I think this is one of my smartest mom decisions ever!





Everyone was happy with their candy, books, and random other fun things!
My "basket" from Drew which I absolutely loved!

Sunday we had a lovely service at church followed by a butterfly release.  The symbolism of new life is easy for everyone to understand.  Having butterflies sit on your hand is also pretty cool!






In addition to all the Easter activities was baseball.  The kids and I went Friday night.  Some of us went on Saturday afternoon.  And we all went on Sunday after church.  For the second year in a row Rice has played at home on Easter weekend so we had our Easter meal picnic style. 


They participated in an egg hunt after the game!
Our Easter picnic
He caught a Rice home run ball

One of the reasons we started following Rice baseball and going to the games is because Drew went to school there.  For all the time we spend at games we have never taken the kids on the campus to see where Drew went to classes.  So, after Sunday's game we toured the campus and the kids loved it.  It was fun for Drew to share his experiences with the kids and I think they were really excited to see where their daddy went to school.  They also thought it was pretty funny that it was the third college that Drew attended (lots of letters after his name)!






Our weekend was not filled with much besides being together, watching Rice win baseball games, and rejoicing in our Risen Savior.  It was a wonderful break in the craziness of our daily life.  I am so thankful for these beautiful, crazy kiddos and Drew. 





No comments:

Post a Comment