Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Monday, February 22, 2016

Valentine's Day

Our Valentine's weekend began with a reunion of sorts with Drew's roommate.  It had been 10 years since we saw Brett and Amelia.  That is way too long and it was so awesome to catch up with them and to see their girls!


Drew and I had a date Saturday night.  Emma being at babysitting age is just awesome at times.  We didn't do anything fancy at all, but it was really nice to spend time together just the two of us.



Our actual Valentine's Day was filled with family.  We hung out together all day.  It was just a nice relaxing day.  The boys gave me flowers which I loved.  Drew gave me yellow roses which were the first flower he ever gave me.  I still have them!  And, Drew gave the girl's flowers!  Our house looks so pretty right now.




I always try to give the kids a little something fun.  Of course they get some candy and then a fun little thing.  Emma got new flip flops.  Elena got a little accessory for her American Girl doll.  Jonah got a slinky.  Samuel got Astros wristbands for baseball.  Each one loved their little item!



It wouldn't be Valentine's Day without some yummy treats.  I made the kids white chocolate hearts which they loved.  I also made these cute skewers.



We love each other every day, but it is fun to really make sure we express it on Valentine's Day!


This is our life

No comments:

Post a Comment