Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Monday, October 19, 2015

Monday's are my favorite day

If you look up the word Monday on Pinterest you will find all kinds of sayings hating Monday.  Not me!  Monday is my saving grace of a day.  I know that is quite odd, but so very true.  Monday is when I finally feel like I can breathe again.  Order and our normalcy return and it makes me happy.

Our weekends are nuts.  Some weekends are worse than others.  This past weekend was especially busy and tiring.  I know this isn't just our family.  Everyone I know is busy and feels busier than ever.  As my wise friend said last week, she thinks being a mom to active kids is way harder than being a mom to a toddler.  I totally agree.  This isn't me complaining either.  It is just a reminder for that time when I miss the busyness.  My four kiddos keep our weekends so completely full that I now love Monday.

On Saturday Emma had regional orchestra try-outs.  She was there from 8:30-1p.  I was secretly hoping she wouldn't make it because I was pretty positive I would break in half if one more thing was added to our schedule.  Thank you for an answered prayer because she didn't make it.  I'm horrible right?  She wasn't sad about it so that made me feel a less guilty for how I felt.

Samuel had to be at the football field at 9:30 for his 10am game.  After the game ended, we ate lunch, and picked up Emma it was time for Elena's soccer game at 2p.  Drew took the boys to Rice for a baseball game and some daddy-boy time downtown.  They loved it.  I had girl duty which meant go to the soccer game.  Get Emma to her sleepover.  Shop for a birthday party present that had yet to be purchased and wrapped.  I know that gift bags were invented for busy moms not wrapping challenged people.  Clean up after the soccer game and go to a birthday party at 5:30p.  I was so glad someone else was making us dinner!!  After everyone was finally in bed and asleep it was after 9p and I had only watched about 30 minutes of college football all day.  To me this is a tragedy because I LOVE college football.  Stupid PSU!
The game ended in a tie.  Samuel had a pick 6!  One of the most exciting moments of our weekend!

Elena is really timid on the field and is still trying to figure it all out, but she is having fun!

My serious dudes at the Japanese Gardens
On Sunday I woke at 5am so I could run 20 miles before getting ready for church.  Lucky for me church started late this week or I would have needed to be running by 5am.  I only arrived at church 5 minutes late after being a little slow getting ready for church.  20 miles will do that to you!  Emma and I had to leave church early to attend a prior commitment for NCL.  We arrived back home a little after 1p and had to get ready for football.  Drew had already taken Jonah to the gym for a Sunday 3 hour workout.  Emma and I met Drew, Samuel, and Elena at the fields.  The game was horrible, but I got to visit with a friend and that was great!  Then it was time to watch another friend's son play football.  After that Jonah needed to be picked up from the gym and Samuel went to baseball camp.  After watching Samuel play baseball for a little bit I decided I would die if I didn't have a cheeseburger so Emma, Elena, Jonah, and I went to Fuddruckers for dinner.  That was probably the best decision of that day.  I am pretty sure my food was gone in two bites.  20 miles makes me crazy hungry!  After Samuel's 2 hour baseball camp he went to his Scout den meeting.  Drew and Samuel finally got home around 7:45p.  Lunches made, clothing picked out for schools, children showered, toys put away, and kids in bed left me and Drew about 45 minutes to spend time together before we went to bed.  Honestly, we watched football.  I know we were both in football withdraw.  We talked too.  I really hadn't seen him except in passing all weekend long!
It was a glorious 55 when I started my run.  I loved being chilly!
NCL was a skincare and make-up lesson at Clinique.  She looks so grown up!
His last baseball academy!
That brings me to today....Monday!  Everyone is at school or work.  I am home cleaning up from the weekend.  I don't care that I have to grocery shop, do laundry, go to the bank, go to the cleaners, return some things to Target, and go to the post office.  I really don't because it is just me.  I really am a person who needs alone time to feel good.  I crave the quietness of my house.  Monday I get that and that is why I love Mondays!

No comments:

Post a Comment