Our Daily (G)races

Training to be the best wife, mom, runner, and person I can be each and every day....

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Galveston 2015 edition

Summer is officially over....not by the calendar, but in reality it is over.  Labor Day has come and gone.  And that means our annual end of the summer trip to Galveston has come and gone as well....boo!  This year the weather was actually really nice. We beached it the entire time for maybe 6-7 hours a day.  It amazes how busy and entertained my kiddos can be on a beach.  I don't even think they missed going to the pool.  I know I did not. 

It was a great weekend....relaxing, clear water, no seaweed, playing, and lots of fun!

Elena, Jonah, Samuel and I went down early on Friday.  Emma and Drew came after her practice.  They tried to play on the beach without getting their clothes wet.  That lasted all of ten minutes before they changed. 




For the first time ever there were hermit crabs on the beach.  The kids loved them and spent lots of time searching for them in the water and building little "houses" for them.  They are strange little creatures and now Emma thinks she needs one for a pet.  I am thinking she doesn't.


 \
Jonah loves to fly a kite at the beach.  He is very patient in "letting" the others "help."  I am seriously amazed every summer how long kite flying can hold Jonah's attention.



Everyone fished except for me and Emma.  Elena did a tiny bit, but it was more of a hassle for Drew than actual fishing.  Drew caught some fish, but neither of the boys did.





Jonah's other love at the beach is skim boarding.  He has gotten pretty good at it and it is fun to watch him.  He totally bit it one time and I thought he broke his nose....thankfully not!




Emma and Elena spends lots of time together at the beach.  Emma is very sweet with Elena!



I am super thankful everyone is very patient with me taking lots and lots of pictures.  There are just so many fun moments to capture that don't occur in our regular daily life.









Drew always makes sure we have a fun place to stay.  This year there was even a rocking chair on the porch overlooking the beach.  So perfect!!!







Our beach trip is the perfect way to relax and reconnect after a summer of traveling before fall craziness begins in full swing.  It is definitely a highlight for all of us!


No comments:

Post a Comment